October 01, 2006

14 miles

Week 9:

Sunday: My knee may have become permanently frozen from all the ice I had on it but I ran my 14 miles today! It didn't hurt too bad, a little shooting pain here and there, until around mile 12. I'm driving in Austin tonight to go to the doctor tomorrow to have it "looked" at. I use "looked" at because for all you that know me it won't really matter what the doctor says. If they try to tell me to stop running I may actually laugh. I just want to know how to prevent it from getting worse, and maybe even healing!! This doctor did both my ACL repairs and knows me well enough to know that telling me I can't do something isn't an option. After my 2nd ACL repair I rehabbed and he released me after only 3 months to play all-stars. I actually played half the season walking around the bases. See, you had to play at least half the season to be eligible for all-stars and since I knew by then I would be able to play I had to get my games in. I actually even scored at one of the games. OH glory days, right?? Anyway, the point is.... quitting isn't an option!! Thanks for all your calls and concerns..and raps??

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you! You are doing amazing and good luck with the knee doctor! 14 miles is freakin impressive! I think I walk that far in a month...maybe. Have a great day and let me know what the prognosis is!

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home