September 08, 2006

Almost 1/2 Way There

Week 6:

GOOD NEWS: I GET TO GO TO THE UT vs. OHIO ST. GAME!

Friday: I had a beautiful run this morning. I decided to do my long run today so that I could have a Friday night this weekend. So I got up at 5:00 this morning and made my way out to the Waco Dam for a 12 mile run..thats where we ran last week. It's 5 miles total (there and back). I figured adding on an extra 2 miles would be relatively easy. I also had the aid of a runner GPS that tracks your pace and mileage. When I got out there it was still dark. Very dark. It creeped me out a bit so I brought my cell phone. I'm not sure how that would help if someone attacked me when I was 2 1/2 miles away from my car but I was being cautious. Anyway, I got to see the moon disappear and the sun come up at the same time. It was really pretty and all over the lake. I ran for a little over 2 hours and can't tell you one thing I thought about. After I got over the mildly scary darkness of Waco I just ran for 2 hours and finished 12 miles by myself. I know I AM amazing :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Joey said...

You are amazing. From now on when you run all by yourself. (of course always be careful), but know that I'm standing on the sidelines cheering you on with all my might!!!!!!
You GO!

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home