September 19, 2006

13 miles and Austin City Limits Music Festival!



Week 7:

Friday: Well, I haven't been keeping up with my daily run blogging mainly because less exciting things are happening. Nothing new. I did however hit my half marathon point this week! I ran in Austin while I was in town for Austin City Limits music festival. Townlake has a wonderful trail as long as you are running less than 3 miles! I don't think I realized that it was ALL up hill and down hill until about mile 10 when I was exhausted! My best friend Christopher ran the 13 miles with me. I was slightly pissed off when he completed the entire run side by side with me. I mean what the hell am I training for?! Sadly for him he didn't recover as well as I did. He was in quite a bit of pain and then was forced to walk around Zilker Park for 10 hours. I felt terrible.

Austin City Limits was amazing. 3 days, 10 hours each day and 130 bands.

I was able to see: Willie Nelson, KT Tunstall, G-Love, Eli Young Band, Nickel Creek, Ben Harper, Guster, Ben Kweller, Ray Lamontagne, John Mayor (who was okay) and many others!

Overall: The crowd was okay. The chairs were not. The weather was tolerable. The music was enjoyable as long as you weren't further than 2/3 away from the stage.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No John Mayer??

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home