September 03, 2006

double digits

Week 5:

Saturday: I hit double digits today, 10 miles. I ran at a really really good pace. We did however have to run up and down the Waco damn which is exactly 2.5 miles. SO running it four times was quite a challenge. I ran with 2 new people that joined. Both of them have run a couple of marathons and are in great shape but we just ran and talked the entire time. It was really fun. They haven't ever been to Austin so I was giving them suggestions on things to do. The both turned out to be Baylor PhD students and are both professors. It was interesting talking to them and hearing the perspective of a professor. I got along with them really well and they were vegetarians. YAY! Hopefully I'll be able to swap some recipes and maybe find some new places to eat in Waco. All in all today was a great running day. A little cloudy and very cool. It was great running on the water! Wish me luck with the next month of training. As I get closer to 20 miles I know I'll need the support. I'm so excited about how far I've come. It's been amazing to see the progress. Thanks again for all the support!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home