August 12, 2006

New Road and 6 miles!

Week 2-

Saturday: Some insights into today's adventure around New Road:
  • When a big dump truck or cement truck honk their horn at you it's not amusing. I almost fell off the curb.
  • Talking to scary looking dogs that aren't on leashes while running keeps them from attacking you. At least it did this time!
  • Water and new shoes are quickly becoming my new obsessions.
  • Academy gave me a free shirt. It was their grand opening but I think it was because I smelled.
  • Making your own route is NOT a good idea (aka me and "L" got lost!)
  • I don't need help falling! Repave the roads, geez.
  • Running got me a job!
So about the run: 6 miles, semi-painful. My wonderfully saracastic coach "S" said in a very caring way: I can cry about it and have it amputated or just run. So I ran. It wasn't bad, it hurt but the shoes and ice are helping! Props to Runtex.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home