August 03, 2006

Having anxiety!

Week 1-

Thursday: I didn't skip a day in case that is inferred from no post yesterday. I only run Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays right now. Anyway....

I had another 35 minute run which actually went really well. The thing that I am finding the most difficult is realizing that I am going to get tired and breathe hard BUT that doesn't mean I can't keep going. I didn't stop at all. I was really proud of myself. I am having anxiety about this Saturday. We are suppose to run 5 miles. I know that I can do it, or I think that I can but I don't want to be the loser out there walking half way through or something. I don't know, I suppose it is just that stress of doing something that I've never done before! When I talked to my coach last week he basically told me that when training for a marathon you have to beat your body up. I try to keep that in mind. It's good motivation..I'm not sure why. I guess because this isn't suppose to be easy and it's suppose to hurt! Well no interesting stories from the trail today. I didn't trip, no awkward waves, nothing! I was actually pretty stressed all day and it released a lot of anxiety.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I can run 5 miles without stopping, you can too. Good luck!

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home