August 08, 2006

ouch!

Week 2-

Tuesday: Today was a long run, 44 minutes. I was doing okay, slight pain in my calves, until around 32 minutes when the pain in the calves reached an all time high! Now I like to believe that I have a rather high pain tolerance. For instance, I've been through 2 surgeries to repair my knees. After tearing my first ACL I tried to go back into the soccer game. This was prior to me knowing I had torn my ACL, but I figured it out quickly as I cut the ball and fell straight to the ground (rather funny). After the second surgery I was walking within the first week and completely recovered in just 3 1/2 months. My tattoo caused me minimal discomfort. It takes a lot of pain to make me stop. This pain today made me walk!

So now that I'm done whining, if anyone that has run long distance may know what this pain is let me know!!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make sure you are getting enough water. Sometimes my calves cramp up when I'm dehydrated!

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home